CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Global Entrepreneurship Week- What did you do?

Since this is a few days before Thanksgiving, and I am attempting to write my entries on a weekly basis, this week I will write two. This past week- November 16-23 was Global Entrepreneurship Week. The official website is www.unleashingideas.org and if you get an opportunity, please take a look at it. In addition, last week, I attended the Booker T. Washington Economic Summit here in Tuskegee, Alabama which celebrated the Global Entrepreneurship week. It was a jammed pack summit with excellent networking opportunities and educational sessions. I had an opportunity to meet some of the wealthiest and powerful minority businessmen and women around the country. I received the chance to speak with Dr. Randal Pinkett, winner of The Apprentice, Season 4, and Dr. Farrah Gray, the child prodigy that became a millionaire at 14. Receiving their words and their energy inspired me to continue on my journey and hopefully take you all with me. If you have an opportunity, especially for those of you who are young or young at heart, read their books, Campus CEO (Dr. Pinkett) and Realionaire (Dr. Gray). It will not only inspire you, but it will also make you realize that despite your conditions, you can rise above them with the proper attitude and fortitude.

0 comments: